To provide Search and Rescue services on the Shuswap Lake system, to save lives and lessen injury, on a 24 hrs / day, 365 days / year basis.
- Save 100% of lives at risk
- Reduce the severity and number of water based SAR incidents
- Promote safe boating operations, and water recreation activities
- Support all Emergency First Responder organizations
- Provide humanitarian services for the Province of British Columbia
- Maintain the highest professional standards
- Promote dedication and pride of membership
The members of RCMSAR Station 106 are all volunteers, dedicating their time and efforts in service to our communities. Members meet throughout the year for training, both on water and in the classroom.
Shuswap Lifeboat Society (SLS) is the business entity of Station 106.
SLS is a registered CRA charitable organization comprised of Station 106 members, which elect a Board of Directors to provide Governance.
Station 106 is one of 31 RCMSAR rescue bases in British Columbia, within a provincial RCMSAR HQ organization, providing policy and training standards, which adhere to the criteria of the Canadian Coast Guard.
“Saving Lives on the Water”