Follow this link for a Tribute to EMS in Edmonton, but really is for all of us in similar roles.
Download this app for boating resources always available on your mobile device.
On Wednesday evening, December 9th, the Shuswap Lifeboat Society held it’s annual general meeting. The following is an overview of the meeting and election of the Board.
- President’s Report highlighted
- We now have “Status as Charitable Organization”
- Acquisition of Tolonen – while we have confirmation of the new to us vessel, we do not have a transfer date.
- Gaming grant for modifications to Tolonen has not been approved due to not having the vessel.
- WWW.RCMSAR106.CA is ready to go public. Should be launched shortly.
- Community presentation to District of Sicamous, City of Salmon Arm and CSRD now complete.
- Financial Reports were reviewed
- Station Leader’s Report by Rob Sutherland highlighted the year’s data.
- Election of Board Members
- Bruce Weicker – President
- Al Poole
- Brett Ogino
- Kurt Mushmanski
- Pat Gau
- Appointment – Station Leader – Rob Sutherland
- Appointment – Treasurer – Heidi deWit
Many thanks to retiring Board members Chris Stone and Malcolm McLeod
On a recent trip (October 3/4/5 – 15) Rob Sutherland and Bruce Weicker met with RCMSAR and Victoria Station folks to confirm that the Tolonen Fast Rescue Vessel will be transferred to Shuswap Station. The timing is dependent upon funding for a new vessel for the Victoria Station. We expect to hear about the funding status in November. Preliminary surveys have been conducted for modifications of the Tolonen for service in the Shuswap.